Emblation Announces FDA Clearance for Swift Microwave Ablation Syste
The Swift® system is a surface based device intended for the coagulation of soft tissue during non-invasive procedures.
With treatment times of only a few seconds, Swift® delivers a fast, simple, clean and effective option for skin lesions. Low level microwave energy (compared to existing ablation systems) is delivered with precision into the skin to a predetermined depth via a surface-contact probe, delivering rapid internal heat generation with minimal damage to the skin surface and at an energy level that negates the need for anesthesia.
The Swift® microwave system has been used in more than 30,000 procedures across the UK, Canada, and Australia, with US commercialization planned for the first quarter of 2019.
Gary Beale, CEO of Emblation, commented: “US clearance for Swift® is both a significant milestone for Emblation, and a step forward for the microwave ablation industry.
US clinicians can now benefit from Emblation’s latest advances in microwave technology - precise, accurate and incredibly quick treatments.
Microwave systems have historically been very large and cumbersome and almost impossible for use in a clinic setting. Thanks to Emblation’s investment in innovation utilizing state of the art technologies, the Swift® system is lightweight (weighing less than 10lbs), portable, and priced at a level which is affordable for the majority of small clinics in the US.
US clearance for Swift® is just the first step in realizing our vision to redefine the role microwave ablation, coagulation and immune modulatory devices play in the management of complex conditions”
Emblation is a global leader in medical microwave technology, with a focus on radical innovation in the treatment of HPV infections, dermatology, cardiology, and oncology.
Established in the USA in 2007, the company relocated to Scotland the following year to continue research into novel microwave ablation products. The team is led by some of the world’s foremost medical microwave experts, with a wealth of experience in the design, development and manufacture of microwave applications for a range of medical fields. Emblation is committed to providing next generation solutions for today’s medical conditions.
- Foothealth 2019
- Emblation announces launch of Swift in the USA
- Emblation Announces Commercial Partnership with Saorsa Inc
- Swift System Shows "Significant Potential to offer Efficient Treatment of Actinic Keratosis"
- Emblation Announces FDA Clearance for Swift Microwave Ablation Syste
- Swift Receives TGA Approval for Commercial Launch in Australia
- Emblation 2018 Australia Tour
- Emblation to join Briggate Medical at 2018 VIC Podiatry Conference, Melbourne
- Emblation shortlisted for British Engineering Excellence Awards 2017
- Emblation awarded “Outstanding Performance Business” at 2017 Clacks Business Awards
- Emblation Shortlisted for “Outstanding Performance Business” Award
- Emblation shortlisted for UK "Technology Innovation" Award
- Australasian Podiatry Conference 2017
- Emblation Awarded 'Best New Product' for Swift at Made In Scotland Awards
- Emblation Shortlisted for Best New Product Award
- Emblation Tops Award-Winning 12 months with Scottish Life Science Award
- Discover Swift Seminar
- Emblation Receive 'Innovative Collaboration' Award
- Emblation featured in Leading Microwave Magazine
- College of Podiatry Annual Conference
- Emblation Named ‘Outstanding Performance Business’ at Annual Business Awards
- Swift Southern Launch Event | Saturday 6th February
- Swift Launch Promotion
- Canonbury Products Appointed Official UK Distributor (Podiatry)
- Dermatology Update & An Introduction To Dermoscopy
- Swift to Sponsor Dermatology Study Day Delivered by Leading Expert Dr Ivan Bristow
- APMA 2015
- BAD Annual Meeting 2015
- Australasian Podiatry Conference 2015
- Swift Official Launch
Find an upcoming event near youSearch
See how quickly your Swift unit pays for itselfMore
Where to buy SwiftView