British Journal of Dermatology Publishes AK Research
The British Journal of Dermatology has published a feasibility study of microwave therapy for precancerous actinic keratosis (AK) using Emblation's swift system. The clinicial trial was grant funded by Innovate UK, and was carried out by researchers at the University of Dundee.
The results of this study conclude that a significantly higher propotion of treated AK areas responded than untreated (90% vs 15%; P < 0.001). Thin AKs were more responsive than thick AKs. The site did not affect efficacy. Pain was severe, but brief (80% reported pain lasting 'a few seconds only'). Adverse events were minimal. All participants who would choose microwave therapy over their current treatment cited the shorter discomfort period.
To access the full, open access paper please use the following link - Study of Microwave Therapy for Precancerous Actinic Keratosis.
- Case Reports in Dermatology: Successful Treatment of Hard Corns in Two Patients Using Microwave Energy
- Microwaves: A Painless, Efficient New Treatment for Plantar Warts
- British Journal of Dermatology Publishes AK Research
- Foothealth 2019
- Emblation announces launch of Swift in the USA
- Emblation Announces Commercial Partnership with Saorsa Inc
- Swift System Shows "Significant Potential to offer Efficient Treatment of Actinic Keratosis"
- Emblation Announces FDA Clearance for Swift Microwave Ablation Syste
- Swift Receives TGA Approval for Commercial Launch in Australia
- Emblation 2018 Australia Tour
- Emblation to join Briggate Medical at 2018 VIC Podiatry Conference, Melbourne
- Emblation shortlisted for British Engineering Excellence Awards 2017
- Emblation awarded “Outstanding Performance Business” at 2017 Clacks Business Awards
- Emblation Shortlisted for “Outstanding Performance Business” Award
- Emblation shortlisted for UK "Technology Innovation" Award
- Australasian Podiatry Conference 2017
- Emblation Awarded 'Best New Product' for Swift at Made In Scotland Awards
- Emblation Shortlisted for Best New Product Award
- Emblation Tops Award-Winning 12 months with Scottish Life Science Award
- Discover Swift Seminar
- Emblation Receive 'Innovative Collaboration' Award
- Emblation featured in Leading Microwave Magazine
- College of Podiatry Annual Conference
- Emblation Named ‘Outstanding Performance Business’ at Annual Business Awards
- Swift Southern Launch Event | Saturday 6th February
- Swift Launch Promotion
- Canonbury Products Appointed Official UK Distributor (Podiatry)
- Dermatology Update & An Introduction To Dermoscopy
- Swift to Sponsor Dermatology Study Day Delivered by Leading Expert Dr Ivan Bristow
- APMA 2015
- BAD Annual Meeting 2015
- Australasian Podiatry Conference 2015
- Swift Official Launch
- Podcast: "The Game Changing Treatment and Technology to combat HPV Warts"
Find an upcoming event near youSearch
See how quickly your Swift unit pays for itselfMore
Where to buy SwiftView