Emblation announces launch of Swift in the USA
Emblation is delighted to announce that Swift®, the breakthrough microwave treatment system, is now available in the United States. The Swift® system is a surface-based device intended for the coagulation of soft tissue during non-invasive procedures, and received 510(k) clearance in October 2018.
Saorsa Inc, based in Seattle, WA, is the exclusive partner for Swift® in the USA, and the first system was delivered to Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, PA.
Emblation CEO Gary Beale and Saorsa co-founder, Pete Turnbull, both travelled to Philadelphia to visit with Dr Tracey Vlahovic and witness the first US treatments to take place.
Emblation CEO, Gary Beale, commented: "With the success we’ve seen in the UK, Canada, and Australia, we’re excited to finally deliver Swift® to the US. Our commercial partners Saorsa have already been working hard delivering training to a number of new treatment sites across the country, and we look forward to hearing more stories from patients who have benefited from the fantastic results Swift® provides.”
With treatment times in seconds, Swift® delivers a fast, simple, clean and effective option for skin lesions. Low level microwave energy (compared to existing microwave systems) is delivered with precision into the skin to a predetermined depth via a surface-contact probe, delivering rapid internal heat generation with minimal damage to the skin surface. The Swift® microwave system has been used in more than 30,000 procedures across the UK, Canada, and Australia and is now available in North America.
For all US enquiries, please visit esaorsa.com
Emblation is a global leader in medical microwave technology, with a focus on radical innovation in the treatment of HPV infections, dermatology, cardiology, and oncology.
Established in the USA in 2007, the company relocated to Scotland the following year to continue research into novel microwave ablation products. The team is led by some of the world’s foremost medical microwave experts, with a wealth of experience in the design, development and manufacture of microwave applications for a range of medical fields. Emblation is committed to providing next generation solutions for today’s medical conditions.
- Microwaves: A Painless, Efficient New Treatment for Plantar Warts
- British Journal of Dermatology Publishes AK Research
- Foothealth 2019
- Emblation announces launch of Swift in the USA
- Emblation Announces Commercial Partnership with Saorsa Inc
- Swift System Shows "Significant Potential to offer Efficient Treatment of Actinic Keratosis"
- Emblation Announces FDA Clearance for Swift Microwave Ablation Syste
- Swift Receives TGA Approval for Commercial Launch in Australia
- Emblation 2018 Australia Tour
- Emblation to join Briggate Medical at 2018 VIC Podiatry Conference, Melbourne
- Emblation shortlisted for British Engineering Excellence Awards 2017
- Emblation awarded “Outstanding Performance Business” at 2017 Clacks Business Awards
- Emblation Shortlisted for “Outstanding Performance Business” Award
- Emblation shortlisted for UK "Technology Innovation" Award
- Australasian Podiatry Conference 2017
- Emblation Awarded 'Best New Product' for Swift at Made In Scotland Awards
- Emblation Shortlisted for Best New Product Award
- Emblation Tops Award-Winning 12 months with Scottish Life Science Award
- Discover Swift Seminar
- Emblation Receive 'Innovative Collaboration' Award
- Emblation featured in Leading Microwave Magazine
- College of Podiatry Annual Conference
- Emblation Named ‘Outstanding Performance Business’ at Annual Business Awards
- Swift Southern Launch Event | Saturday 6th February
- Swift Launch Promotion
- Canonbury Products Appointed Official UK Distributor (Podiatry)
- Dermatology Update & An Introduction To Dermoscopy
- Swift to Sponsor Dermatology Study Day Delivered by Leading Expert Dr Ivan Bristow
- APMA 2015
- BAD Annual Meeting 2015
- Australasian Podiatry Conference 2015
- Swift Official Launch
- Podcast: "The Game Changing Treatment and Technology to combat HPV Warts"
Find an upcoming event near youSearch
See how quickly your Swift unit pays for itselfMore
Where to buy SwiftView