The Successful Use of a Novel Microwave Device in the Treatment of a Plantar Wart
Plantar warts, caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV), are a commonly encountered condition presenting in clinic. In adults, an array of various therapies exists, frequently with modest results particularly with plantar lesions. Microwaves have had limited uses for medical purposes. Recently a new portable microwave device has been approved for the treatment of skin lesions. Prior research has demonstrated immuno-stimulatory effects against HPV infection. We report the application of a novel portable medical microwave unit to treat a long-standing plantar wart which had failed to respond to other treatment modalities.
- Microwave Therapy for Cutaneous Human Papilloma Virus Infection
- The Successful Use of a Novel Microwave Device in the Treatment of a Plantar Wart
- Treating Verruca Effectively with Microwave Energy - Are we getting warmer?
- A Feasibility Study of Microwave Therapy for Precancerous Actinic Keratosis
- Microwaves: A Painless, Efficient New Treatment for Plantar Warts
Find an upcoming event near youSearch
See how quickly your Swift unit pays for itselfMore
Where to buy SwiftView